*New Series* Calling all artists & curious creatives!
Lunch & Learn @ WCFA
ART AT NOON ~ take a break and join us for a bring-your-own lunch & art discussion. FREE and open to all creatives & art lovers
What: An opportunity for creatives to gather and share in a safe, friendly, comfortable community while sharing art and other art-related topics. Short guided topics will be followed with a Q&A and open participation.
Why: Curiosity, learning and inspiration are integral parts of every artist’s journey. Artists grow and learn from each other by sharing their experiences, struggles and accomplishments. Collaboration, support and mentorship is what nourishes not only the artists’ individual soul but also the seeds in our community garden. A flower is just a flower on its own, but a garden claims a stake in the land and gets noticed.
Honoring and lifting up our community of artists & creatives is an important part of our mission and one of our essential values at Warwick Center for the Arts.
As your community art center, WCFA is that space for you.
How: WCFA will provide this opportunity for local artists to come together in our gallery space on a regular basis, at no cost to share ideas and conversation.
February 24, 2023
Deborah Siravo – “Slow Stitching” and antique textile restoration. Deborah Studied Textile Conservation
and Art History at University of Rhode Island, and has textiles currently on view in the WCFA Members
March 31, 2023
Beverly Silva – using recyclable and other found objects in collage and assemblage.
Natalie Featherston Your art business, working with galleries and her success with trompe l’oeil painting.
Artist Natalie Featherston works exclusively in the centuries old realm of trompe l’oeil, creating dazzling
paintings that combine the virtuosity of a Dutch master with a thoroughly modern mind. The Chicago Sun
Times has described her work as, “Artful beyond just illusion and trickery, they are truly masterful still lifes
made with both craft and wit.”
TBD – Do you have a topic for discussion or a sample of artworks to show and tell? Contact us with your
Warwick Center for the Arts | 3259 Post Road Warwick RI
- We will begin this monthly starting in January 2023 Fridays from 12:00 – 1:30 pm in the gallery at Warwick Center for the Arts.
- Artists are encouraged to bring their own bag lunch (we can also suggest local takeout options). Complimentary water, coffee & tea will be available in the WCFA kitchen. There will be tables and chairs, presentation materials including a projector and screen (if desired).
- There will be a sign up for artists interested in sharing a specific topic and guiding the discussion. It can be a simple 10-15 minute talk/presentation in whatever format they choose (from simple blurb to a powerpoint/video presentation or hands-on activity – presenters choice). You can share your artwork, projects you are working on, ideas, tips on techniques you’ve learned…
- After the 15 minute presentation, guests are invited to participate in casual Q&A and conversation. You are welcome to stay and enjoy the current exhibit in the gallery for the rest of the afternoon, or get back to work after lunch.
- We kindly ask that you clean up after yourself and provide advance notice if you will need any special materials (projector, etc.) and if you offer a hands-on activity, please specify what the clean up requirements will be.
- This is being offered FREE to all participants – which also means that you will not be paid as a speaker/presenter.
This is a pay it forward, community sharing project!