Small Group Show at the Gamm Theatre
Call for ART: Small Group Show at the Gamm Theatre
12/9/23 – 12/24/23
Entry Deadline: October 20, 2023
WCFA and the GAMM Theatre are excited to announce a small group show opportunity. Once again, the WCFA is partnering with the Gamm Theatre to exhibit original artwork in their lobby gallery during the upcoming production of It’s a Wonderful Life: a Live Radio Play which runs December 9 – 24, 2023.
We are seeking 3-5 artists to feature in this show. We hope that the artwork displayed elicits the themes brought forth in the play including family, community, winter, nostalgia, warmth, duality of darkness and light, hope, togetherness. We anticipate hanging 2-4 works per artist. There is no submission fee for WCFA Members; $10 submission fee for Non-Members. Please note that the exhibition space in the Gamm Theatre lobby can only accommodate framed, two-dimensional artworks (no sculpture).
- Maximum size accepted: 16” x 20” including frame (16” x 20” canvas in float frame is acceptable)
- Minimum size accepted: 8”x 12” including frame
- Frames must be black to achieve a visual cohesiveness within the Gamm exhibit space. If you do not have access to black framing, please reach out to the WCFA for accommodation. All work must be wired for hanging (no sawtooth hangers).
Each accepted artist will receive a complimentary pair of tickets to It’s a Wonderful Life: a Live Radio Play!
If you are interested in participating, artists are invited to apply by October 20. If you are not a member, or if your membership has lapsed, we encourage you to update your membership status on our website. You will be asked for the following information on your application: Medium (i.e. oil, acrylic, watercolor etc.), 3-5 images of your work to be included in the show (these can be finished or nearly-finished works); title of each piece; size; price; artist statement
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS:
ENTRY FEES: No fee for current WCFA members / $10 non-members
Complete the call for art form titled, “WCFA Gamm Theatre Application” under the Call for Art page on our WCFA website. Artists may submit up to 5 images of work in JPG format saved between 72-100 dpi. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR LABELING YOUR IMAGES WITH THE CORRESPONDING TITLE OF YOUR ARTWORK.
JUROR: WCFA & Gamm Collaboration
- ENTRY DEADLINE: October 20, 2023
- NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: October 27, 2023
- ARTIST INFO DUE: November 10, 2023
- DROP OFF: 11/20-11/22, 11/27-11/29 – All artwork must be dropped off at the Gamm Theatre. (Artwork will not be accepted at the WCFA)
- PICK UP: 12/28 or later – schedule with Gamm Theatre
QUESTIONS: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 737-0010 (business hours: Wednesday through Saturday, 11am to 3pm)
ARTIST ENTRY FORM:
(photo credit: The Mask We Made, Rebecca Stockdill)